Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Gritty Games via the App. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Gritty Games, or us||Gritty Games Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 09058833 whose registered office is at Tredomen Business & Technology Centre, Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly, CF82 7FN;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the App and is not either (i) employed by Gritty Games Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Gritty Games Ltd and accessing the App in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|App||the app that you are currently using, www.grittyrealism.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Gritty Games is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our App. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the App;
Third party websites and services
- Gritty Games may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the App. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this App.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the App
- To use all features and functions available on the App, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Gritty Games (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £0.
- Data security is of great importance to Gritty Games and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this App.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the App.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.